Wednesday, September 30, 2009

FINISHER WANNABE

Jesus made it crystal clear, he was a Finisher. Jesus regarded finishing way different than I do. In John 4:34 Jesus declared that his "food" was to do and FINISH the work that his father gave him. The Father gave him work and purpose for only one reason; to FINISH it (John 5:36).

Wow, his very sustenance was finishing the task given to him. Is that as foreign to you as it is for me? I am not a finisher- more like a professional starter. I start so many more books and tasks than I finish- sometimes I like to start a few a time.

Ephesians 2:10 says: “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” What if I read this differently? Instead of being created to do works, what if I was created in Christ Jesus to finish good works?

Dear God help me to be a FINISHER. Create in me a craving, a longing for finishing what you prepared in advance for me to do. Transform me from a starter to a consistent finisher. Remind me that at the cross you cried out “It is FINISHED!” I want be a finisher like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment