Monday, January 4, 2010

Opportunity Wisdom

What if God doesn't just spoon-feed us with provision, but rather provides us with opportunities for us to make the most off? What if rather than waiting for God to provide us with "things we need;" we anticipated opportunities to make the most off?

Ephesians 5:15-16 "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

It appears that God advises to use wisdom in how we live by making the most of every opportunity. It pains me to ponder how much Divine provision have I missed in my life because I was passively waiting for God to provide, while Divine Opportunities passed by unnoticed and unappreciated.

I want to be careful not to be unprepared when the opportunities come. Wisdom teaches that opportunities will be sent by God, but I have to be ready when they appeared.

Dear Jesus, you are the God of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Open my eyes to your opportunity-provision. Help me to be wise, to be prepared ahead of time, so I may be ready to make the most of what you prepared for me. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment